|“||I'm always right. I told you. By the end they always choose their own kind.||”|
–Maverick to Kaelie
Maverick was a major recurring character. He was the Unseelie King and he was the son of Mother Nature and Pitch Black, the older twin brother of Hectate and the uncle of unnamed nephews and James as well as the father of the Unseelie Queen.
In Carry Me, Maverick is tortured by Pitch to the point of death.
Despite being from a different species, Maverick was indistinguishable from humans. Maverick was tall with short brown hair and blue eyes. He had a close cropped beard and stubble across his upper lip. He was slim with a muscular build.
He also had a slight accent from his youth.
He was described as being as intelligent as his brother, and was a very kind and gentle person. Maverick was depicted as kind, overwhelmingly intelligent, and fun-loving
He's compassionate, caring, empathetic, kind, intelligent, friendly but he can also be pushy, judgmental, selfish. Maverick's actual dark side is his "deep, deep connection to other people". Maverick always surrounded by drama. He's always helping and Kaelie calls him the fathering type.
He liked to read books and listen to music.
Powers and Abilities
- Spell Casting: The power to change and control events through the use of incantations and more.
- Telekinesis: The power to move objects and persons through mental influence.
- Pain Infliction: The power to create excruciating migraines through supernatural means.
- Elemental Control: The power to control and manipulate the elements of air, earth, fire, and water.
- Empathy: The power to sense others and even feel other fairies' emotions.
- Enchantment: The power to manipulate love to a certain extent.
- Telepathy: The power to access the minds of others.
- Curse Inducement: The ability to place a curse on anyone or anything.
- Accelerated Healing: Like all fairies, Maverick is protected by magic that significantly hastens his healing process.